The course is packed with clear, practical knowledge, tips and insights from within the event planning industry.
Throughout the course, we quote illustrative examples and include useful charts. You’ll watch video tutorials in class which will really bring the content alive. There are many lucrative sectors within the event management industry. You could specialize in one or market yourself in a number of areas:
- The sporting world – stage testimonial games, pro-am tournaments or mini marathons.
- The entertainment industry – manage a live music, theater, dance, film or comedy event.
- The Not for profit sector – help a worthy cause to raise funds and build widespread awareness with head-turning events or celebrity galas.
- Style personal, intimate family occasions like religious ceremonies, birthdays or weddings.
- Event-manage store openings, new product launches or book launches.
- Organize corporate, political or community events.
- Important principles in event management.
- Effective strategies in attracting and winning contracts.
- How to manage budgets, advice on contracts, booking venues and securing sponsors.
- How to prepare and present an event proposal.
- Tips for successful meetings with clients.
- What qualities to look for when hiring service providers.
- How to plan your event schedule with a step by step guide including a detailed pre-event and event day checklist.
- How to manage a crisis.
- General etiquette and protocol (preparing invitations, table seating arrangements, table manners and dress codes).
- What an event manager’s job looks like up close with a real-life case study.
- Precautions and Prevention of fire and accidents in events.
The ORO event management course has been designed by the events industry and teaches you the skills that you need to succeed quickly and conveniently. Course units include: